Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 6 - Visit with Nan and Pop Triffitt

On January 6th we headed back to Launceston. We stopped in Deloraine for one last visit with my Nan and Pop Triffitt. Mum and Dad just told my last night (Jan 20) that Pop is not doing well and so I feel really fortunate to have been able to visit with him and to have him in good spirits. He was quite perky and shared several stories with us.

The last time we were in Tassie, 3-years ago, Chris asked Pop to share a story with us and so he did. He shared the same story with Sam and Ella on this visit, it's about how you need to obey your parents. He showed Sam and Ella how the tops of two of his fingers were missing and told them that he had lost when he was seven. His parents had told him and his brothers not to go into the shed. Which of course they did the minute they left. There was a wheat thresher in the shed which the boys started playing with. Pop wanted a turn and tried to stop the machine, when he did it cut the tops of two fingers off.

I also talked to Pop about how I didn't expect to see him again after the last visit 3-years ago. He said he hoped to be around a while longer too!

Nan's eyes just sparkled the whole time we were there and she was obviously happy to see us even though she couldn't say so. She has the most beautiful blue eyes. Nan also held Elliott several times. She seemed to really enjoy that.

I'm so glad we got to visit with them. I am so grateful for their example and I admire them so much.

No comments: