Monday, January 25, 2010

Good-bye Pop

My Pop Triffitt passed away peacefully yesterday. I feel so fortunate to have been able to visit with him one last time just a couple of weeks ago. The hardest thing about living on the other side of the world is being away from family. Right now I wish more than anything that I was still in Tassie so that I could attend my Pop's funeral and be with the family. I think I'll be the only grandchild not there. I love my Pop and I will miss him. I'm happy though that he is not suffering anymore, but I'm sad for Nan, I know she is going to miss her companion.

We gathered the kids last night to tell them. It was good to be able to point to a picture of Nan and Pop and say, do you remember when we visited Nan and Piggy Pop a couple of weeks ago... Sam was sad and asked a few questions. For Family Home Evening tonight we made popcorn and then watched the videos that Lisa made in 2007 (see below). Sam wanted to watch them all a couple of times each. Thanks Lisa for making them. Watching them makes me realize just how amazing my grandparents are. I'm truly grateful for their lives and examples. I'm sad that I won't be there on Friday to say goodbye to Pop.

Remember When
Grow Old with Me
Pop Army

2 comments:

make it perfect said...

So sad that you won't bet there but we will be thinking of you Penny. Its nice that you got to see Pop just a few weeks ago.
xxx

P.S. I love that you made "pop" corn :)

The Kings said...

Wish you could be here too Penny. I'm glad now that I made those clips - took forever, but it was for times like this that I really wanted them to look back on.