Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bridport - Dec 28 - Jan 3

Next stop on our tour-of-Tassie, was a week in Bridport with Simon and Simone and their children - Sarra, Hallie, Oliver and Jonty. We couldn't have asked for a better week of weather and we had a great time relaxing at the beach and enjoying the sunshine.

Here's a picture of the car packed ready to head up to Bridport from Launceston. If you look very carefully, you will see 2-year old Owen in a very cosy seat in the back. He thought this was the best seat in the house!!

Hanging out at the beach with Simone, Lisa and Jacquie..

Jonty giving Elliott loves. This is one of Simone's pics, and she has a great series of the boys together on her blog.

Owen, ready to hit some waves. We found the wetsuit at a sports store in Burnie for $20. What a bargin!






Simon played so hard with the kids and they just loved it!


Elliott taking nap in the sun tent. He slept so well on the beach each day. When I was pregnant with him I would listen to "sounds of the ocean" relaxation music. The sounds of the waves at Bridport sure did the trick. I think he thought he was back in the womb. He fell asleep in my arms every afternoon at the beach without any effort and would sleep in the shade for an hour or two.

3 comments:

Simone Triffitt said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I love those ones too of Elliott and Jonty - I think I will get them framed together. I haven't had a look yet at the DVD Tammy put together for you. She put all the pics from everyone's photos on there.

Laurel Lee said...

It's awesome to see the blanket that Owen had with him in the car! ;)

The Kings said...

What great memories you have from your trip!! Hopefully now it is on the blog your kids will never forget it.