Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happenings in the Bingham Home this week...

When we were in Tassie Owen started climbing out of his port-a-cot (pack-n-play). Not too hard when you're two and a half! Last week he realized that he can climb out of his cot (crib) at home too. So it was time to move up to a big boy bed. He had a bed already in his room for him to move up into. All we needed to do was to add some safety rails so that he doesn't fall out. That night Owen moved into his big boy bed. As you can see from the photos, he moves around quite a bit during the night! And more often than not we find that he has fallen asleep with a book on his face. He's our little book worm.

I love this photo of all four kids playing together happily (and not fighting over who had the toy of the moment first!). This box of Duplo Legos I picked up for $10 at a yard sale in Calgary. It's the most played with toy in our house!

I've tried to make it a tradition to cook yummy Australian Food each year for Australia Day and share it with friends and family. And so on Wednesday I went to Sam and Ella's preschool to read Possum Magic and share some Lamingtons and Vegimite sandwiches with their classmates. I was so surprised when more than one of the preschoolers asked for seconds of the vegimite sandwiches! I put them on a pretty plate to make them look enticing, but it wasn't necessary, they enjoyed them anyway. One of the mums even asked me where you can buy Vegimite because her daughter came home saying that they just had to go and buy some! Unfortunately I haven't found Vegimite anywhere here in Augusta, but I did just find Marmite last week which I was excited about. I know it's not the same, but it's better than nothing!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Oh how funny that they liked the vegemite sandwiches! That is great! It's great you do Australian things for Australia Day.