Monday, October 13, 2008

Potty Humor

On Saturday dinner was running a bit late so we gave the kids a bath before dinner. Chris dressed Owen just in a diaper so he wouldn't get his pj's dirty when he ate his dinner. A few minutes later I see Owen come running through the kitchen butt naked. Chris went looking for the diaper but could not find it. For some reason I looked in the garbage, Owen loves checking out what is in the garbage bin. Sure enough, there it was - with a poop in it!!! He had taken care of the clean up himself! He had pooped, so he took off his diaper and put it in the garbage! And he is only 15 months old! We call Owen our little professor because he is always watching everything we do and copying us.

And to add some more to the potty humor, I have 2 more recent stories - one from Sam and the other from Ella. A couple of weeks ago I sat down at the end of a long day and say "I'm pooped!!". Ella looked at me quizzically and asked "In your underwear Mum??" Ella's had quite a few in her underwear lately but even she was surprised that Mum would do that too! I had to try and explain that it meant that I was really tired while Chris sat on the other side of the table laughing so hard that he had tears.

And from Sam. Sam almost every dinner time has to take a trip to the bathroom midway through the meal. I usually get a call from the bathroom "Come wipe my bottom", not so discretely at the top of his lungs. On this particular evening Sam went off to the bathroom singing "Do as I'm doing. Follow, follow me". Now I'd like to see a room full of primary children follow Sam in that one!!

Below are some pictures from the past week. I don't normally allow Owen and Ella in the bath with their dummies (pacifiers), but Ella had hers in and Owen demanded he have his as well. Ella's is going to the birthday fairy to give to a new baby in a few weeks (hooray!!).

Sam, Ella and Owen eating "second breakfast", like hobbits do. Sam is never hungry first thing and so we have waffles or french toast at 9am. It's Sam's big feed for the day and the other two happily join in!


Here is Sam helping Ella with her jigsaw puzzle. He is such a good big brother. I'll often find him helping Ella and Owen. Today Sam was showing Ella how to use the computer. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo.
On Saturday there were a number of carnivals in the area. It was a bit rainy and so not alot of people showed up. There were jumping castles, face painting, free ice-creams, a magic show, animals. The kids had a great time.

We currently go to church in the afternoon. This is how Chris found Sam and Ella on Sunday morning filling in the time before we went to church...

2 comments:

Lisa Thompson said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend! I loved the potty humor.

Simone Triffitt said...

Kids take what we say so literally don't they!! It's so good you record these stories because it is something you can remind Ella for years to come.