Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

This weekend was General Conference. It's nice to be able to stay home from Church and watch from the comfort of our own chairs. Unfortunately we don't get conference with our cable service, but we were very excited to see that you can now watch conference live on-line again. Our computer is just next to the dinning table so we moved the table out of the way, brought some chairs in and settled in for the afternoon.

I'm always amazed at how well the church uses technology. The first time I watched conference on-line was back in 2001 when I was living in Chicago. I would hook my laptop up to the TV and the audio up to my stereo - it was great!. I was sad to see the on-line viewing option disappear for a couple of years. But I'm glad to see that technology has caught up and it's possible again to watch the sessions live on-line, and much better quality than in the past too.



Here are Owen and Ella taking a break between sessions eating icy-poles (popsicles).

Yesterday we went to a fair at the local Elementary School. Sam was so excited to go to a party at "his school". He won't start school there until next September but he already calls it his school. The kids had a great time - jumping castles, face painting, fairy floss (cotton candy). Unfortunately the camera was not charged up and the only photo we got was one of Sam on one of the jumping castle.

3 comments:

Lisa Thompson said...

Great chatting with you today!! Owen has grown up so much!

The Kings said...

I remember watching conference at home when I lived in Oregon for a bit. I always found it strange as I was sitting in my regular clothes watching it. It was nice to chill out though.

Celeste Christensen said...

You still have that white chair! I loved that chair! What fun for General Conference!