Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ella's Birthday Party

Ella will be celebrating her 7th birthday this week.  She had a birthday party on Friday, November 2nd.  She wanted to do crafts with her friends.  We looked on pinterest together and came up with the idea of making wooden peg dolls.  All was well and good until we had a stomach flu run through the family the week before her birthday party and I realized that I had underestimated how much time it would take to get things ready.  Anyway, with Chris helping out with the kids and less that 48hours to get things ready, the party ended up being a lot of fun.  I enjoyed hearing some of the girls declaring it was the best party ever.  Each of the girls got to take home a matching pair of peg dolls.  There were different dresses to choose from, all made with left over fabric from skirts or dresses that I've made for Ella.

The best part for Ella - opening her presents!





The pic below is of the kids playing pass-the-parcel.  This is a favorite party game in the Bingham household.  One that I remember playing at parties growing up in Australia.  Basically a present is wrapped in layers of paper (we had 15) and then music is played and the kids pass-the-parcel around the circle.  Every time the music stops, a layer of paper is removed.  There is a big prize at the end and I add a candy in between each layer.  I only just realized at Ella's party that no one here in uses the word "parcel" and so I should probably be calling the game "Pass-the-package" so the kids understand!

No comments: