Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fringe-a-licious

I have a good friend at church who cuts my hair. She suggested a couple of months ago that I get "bangs". I haven't had those in years and it took me a couple of months to think about it before I consented. So here I am with my new bangs!

After 11 years in North America there are lots of American words that I have adobted and don't think anything of it. Words like diapers, cookies and candy. But there are some that still sounds sooo.. American to me and almost hurt my ears. Bangs is one of them! I still want to call it a fringe. After my hair cut Chris started teasing me calling me fringe-a-licious, because he thinks the word fringe sounds so funny! Anyway, we got a good laugh out of it. And I'm happy with my new fringe - I thought I'd always be trying to push it away off my face, but it hasn't bothered me at all.

No comments: