Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Haloween!

One of the things I LOVE about living in the US are the holidays - Haloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everything is in the right season and done with great enthusiasm. It also makes the end of the year seem to tick along faster, with another holiday to celebrate just around the corner.

In Australia, we love our holidays too and are always planning the next one, but a "holiday" in Australia means a "vacation" in America. And I have to say I love the Australian version of a holiday too! Personally, I think Americans just don't seem to take enough holidays / vacations and could learn a little bit about how to kick back and relax from the Aussies!

Anyway, we've had a great deal of fun over the last few weeks attending a Halloween storytime at the library, a trunk or treat at church and of course Halloween last night! We now have a reusuable grocery bag full of candy that should last us until Valentine's Day!











1 comment:

The Kings said...

Oh they look so cute! I wish we did Halloween like you do over there, but I do love our Aussie version of holidays too :)