Monday, April 27, 2009

Introducing Elliott Nicholas Bingham

On Friday, April 24 we finally got to welcome the latest addition to the family. At 5:30 am Chris & I headed to Trinity Hospital so that I could be induced. It seemed that little Elliott really liked his current home. Chris and I waited all morning watching movies while the nurses gradually increased the pitocin to get labor going. The nurses were busy that morning and it wasn't until after lunch when an additional nurse was brought in to help that things started to happen.

I then spent the afternoon, with Chris's help, relaxing through each contraction using hypnobirthing techniques. Elliott finally arrived at 5:32pm. It was a really great experience for us. I had epidurals with our first 3 and went without any pain relief this time. The recovery is going great and I feel really good. Ready to head back to the gym already!


While I was in the hopital on Saturday, Sam., Ella and Owen went strawberry picking with Dad and Grandma...



Sunday we took Grandma to the airport so that she could fly back to Calgary. We were all very sad to see her go!

11 comments:

The Kings said...

Congratulations!!! He is gorgeous. What an experience for you!! I'm glad you got to experience what it is like with no pain relief - it's so hard, but don't you feel so amazing when you know you have done it, and it is good for your own and babies recovery too. Hope it's all going well and he is letting you get lots of rest.

Heath'e' said...

Congrats! He's adorable, love his name!! I'm so impressed you did pit labor with no pain meds. That is brave!

Carli said...

You're a wonderwoman! Getting so much done over the weekend. Congratulations on Elliott's birth!

nicole said...

Hi Penny,

I just found your blog... It is Nicole Larsen we were in the same ward together in Calgary. Your family sure has grown! Congratulations on baby Elliott! He looks precious. It was so fun to discover your blog and read of your joys. I am curious of this method that you used for your labor... Did you use a book ? take a class? I have not heard of before. I would love to hear more details.... if you get a chance please send me an email at larsennicoleathotmail..com
take care
nicole

Nettie's Blog said...

WEll done Penny ...he is a little darling and you look so good...being a mum sure suits you and having another little boy in the family will be fun for you all....

Lisa Thompson said...

So glad to hear that all went well and you are ready to head back to the gym! :) Congrats on Elliott's arrival - I love his name. He is a cutie!

You are in our thoughts, loads of love.
L.

Kerolann said...

Congratulations!

Hyeyoung said...

Congrats to your family! Can't believe how big Sam and Ella have gotten. You look great and so glad that everything went well and you are feeling well. I love the name and I am, of course, very partial to Elliott's middle name. Love your garden, too, by the way!

Bryan and Elisha said...

Congratulations! You have such beautiful kids! I'm glad that you and Elliott are doing well.

lissiemarie said...

super cool. I did a little hyno with my last and it did help. congrats on a beautiful family and ps what an amazing thing your garden is doing so well!

lissiemarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.