Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bye Bye Omi

My Mum has just left and is currently making the trek back from Augusta to Devonport. Four flights and over 24 hours later she will finally make it back home again. We have sure enjoyed having her with us. She has been such a big help with the kids and around the house. I'm really not looking forward to having to do most of it on my own again!

What I am most impressed with is that she has helped Owen put on 2-3lbs in just the five weeks that she has been here. Mum would sit with him every meal time and patiently feed him. Before that he wouldn't let us feed him at all. Now he just can't wait for that food to be shoveled in and then gives a big .. Mmmmmm. It's just so fun to watch and so good to see his little body plumping up a bit. He's now not such a skinny boy anymore.

I'm quite jealous of my Mum going back to Tasmania. I sure do miss it and wish we weren't half a world away so we could visit more often.

Here are a few pictures from the last few days from my Mum's visit.


Ella all dressed for church being a ballarina


At the airport today...
Sam and Ella were fighting over who would wheel Omi's suitcase for her. So they did it together

Owen with his Omi.

2 comments:

Celeste Christensen said...

It is always so sad when you mum leaves! The kids have gotten big!

Madelyn said...

Your kids are so old now! I think of you every time I see a similar stroller!