Sunday, July 25, 2010

Busy Binghams

Elliott started walking about a month ago and he also loves to climb. I thought that Owen was a busy toddler, but Elliott takes it to a whole new level. I stayed in bed for a few extra minutes yesterday and when I came out, this is where I found Elliott.... helping himself to his favorite cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats. I have also found him standing on this same table reaching up for the lights. He has no fear at all and is keeping me running!


This week I finally got two things done that I have been on my to-do list for a long time. I painted our living room blue and made Ella a new dress using one of my cousin Toni's fantastic patterns. Both the new blue wall and Ella's new dress are in the picture below. I can't believe I put both off so long. The wall didn't take as long as I thought to paint and Ella's dress was so quick and easy to make. It took about 20 mins to cut out Ella's dress and I sewed it all in a night. I even had enough energy left to make matching flower hair clips using scraps of left over fabric. Ella couldn't wait to wear her dress on Sunday and had to wear it the very next day. Thanks Toni for getting me sewing again! I can't wait to use more of your patterns.

One of Sam and Ella's preschool friends, Lauren, had a birthday party this week. Owen fell in love with a knight costume at Lauren's house and her Mum was kind enough to let Owen bring it home on loan for a few days. Owen had to have it in bed with him tonight because he loves it so much. Here's a picture of Owen-the-Knight...




3 comments:

The Kings said...

oh so cool to see Ella in one of Toni's dresses - looks lovely.

Elizabeth said...

Penny, you are amazing!

make it perfect said...

Her dress is SO CUTE!! Thanks for sharing a pic Penny - glad Ella likes it too :)
xxx