Monday, December 29, 2008

Tim Tams at Target

An old room mate of mine from Chicago tipped me off last week that Target now stocks Tim Tams. So I checked it out, and sure enough, there they were. Made in Australia but in some pretty funny looking packaging. For those of you who have never had a Tim Tam, they are an Australian cookie (which we call biscuits), with a chocolate layer sandwiched between two cookies and then the whole lot coated in chocolate! Under "Tim Tam", they say "Australia's favorite cookie".

For Christmas, Chris surprised me 5 Flake chocolate bar. I think this is my favorite Cadbury's chocolate bar. In Calgary I was able to find them occasionally imported from the UK. Chris was really nice and would buy me several whenever he found them at a store. The week before Christmas Chris found them at an Indian grocery store. I was so surprised that he was able to find them here in Augusta!

So I think I can now get all my favorite foods right here in Augusta!! One of the grocery stores stocks Milo. The only thing I can't get is Vegimite. But that's ok, Mum just gave us a small tube when she was here in September and that should last about a year! It's not something I like all the time, but every now and then it's great on toast for breakfast.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh wow!!! That is exciting!!! So nice when you find things from home.

Simone Triffitt said...

We go thru so much vegemite that it is part of our food storage so that we never run out. It's funny b/c we all scour around down here for Reeses buttercups. I can't imagine not having Cadbury's on tap.